Menu and Search (german)

Haus zur Hanse

Haus zur Hanse (Stadt Braunschweig/G. Rothe)

Butcher and councillor Cyriakus Haberland built this grand Renaissance half-timbered (“Fachwerk”) house in Güldenstraße 7 in 1567. The trusses and carvings on the upper storey originate from this time. The hatches on the roof served to access the storage attic. More carvings were added in 1869. Today the building is a hotel and restaurant.

Contact

Haus zur Hanse  (Stadt Braunschweig/G. Rothe)
Haus zur Hanse
Güldenstraße 7
38100 Braunschweig