Menu and Search (german)

Löwenwall and Obelisk

Löwenwall/Obelisk (Braunschweig Stadtmarketing GmbH/Gerald Grote)

The Löwenwall was known as “Monumentplatz” until 1904 and dates back to the construction of the town’s wall ring from 1805 to 1831 by Peter Joseph Krahe. It was installed in place of a Baroque bastion and was inspired by a Roman circus. The 22-metre-high obelisk is a memo-rial to the Dukes Carl Wilhelm Ferdinand and Friedrich Wilhelm, who fell in battle against Napoleon.

Contact

Löwenwall mit Obelisk  (Braunschweig Stadtmarketing GmbH/Gerald Grote)
Löwenwall/Obelisk
Löwenwall
38100 Braunschweig