Building work on the Martini Church began around 1190 as a Romanesque main and market church for the old town. The inspiration for the three-aisled pillar basilica was St. Blasii Cathedral. It was converted to a Gothic hall church between 1250 and 1400. The west section, the middle aisle, transept and the old choir arches remain from the Romanesque building phase. Remarkable aspects of the church include the early baroque organ, the high altar (1728), the baptismal font (15th century) and the chancel (17th century).
An der Martinikirche 10