Menu and Search (german)

St. Michaelis

slide show (3 images)

This church, first consecrated in 1157, was converted into a Gothic hall church in the 14th century. The angular tower originates from the time around 1250. Next to the bride door in the north side aisle there is a still-legible inscription documenting the new consecration in 1379 in medieval “Plattdeutsch” dialect. The depiction of Christ on the cross came into being at the same time thanks to sponsorship.

Contact

St. Michaelis  (Braunschweig Stadtmarketing GmbH / Rothe)
St. Michaelis
Echternstraße 67
38100 Braunschweig