DE

Equestrian Statues

© Braunschweig Stadtmarketing GmbH / MedienzentrumRider Statues

The two equestrian statues made of copper show the Dukes Carl Wilhelm Ferdinand von Braunschweig (1735–1806) and his son Friedrich Wilhelm (1771–1815). Both dukes fell as military leaders in the Napoleonic Wars. These statues from 1874 returned to this, their original location, on the reopening of the residence palace.

Contact

© Braunschweig Stadtmarketing GmbH / Medienzentrum

Equestrian Statues

Address

Schlossplatz 1
38100 Braunschweig