Menu and Search (german)

Jakob Bower

slide show (2 images)

The Jakob Bower was built from rubblestone in 1250 and is one of the oldest secular buildings in Braunschweig. It was maintained as a ruin after the Second World War and in 2006 it was carefully restored with an extension which was added in a consciously modern design. This takes the place of the original front building and displays a façade made of rusting CORTEN weathering steel.

Contact

Jakob-Kemenate  (Braunschweig Stadtmarketing GmbH / David Taylor)
Jakob Bower
Eiermarkt 1a
38100 Braunschweig
Web www.kemenaten-braunschweig.de