After foundation of the first state railway (1838), the architect Carl Theodor Ottmer built the classicist-style stub-end station in the years from 1843 to 1845. Its function as a main station was taken over by a new through-station outside the centre in 1960. The head section of the old station remains, with its façade dominated by a triumph arch motif. Today it is home to the management offices of Braunschweig’s Landessparkasse bank.
Ottmerbau - Alter Bahnhof (Nord/LB)