Menu and Search (german)

St. Bartholomäus

slide show (2 images)

St. Bartholomäus was built as a parish church for the old town which had been extended toward the north at the end of the 12th century. It took the form of a Romanesque village church. In the 14th and 15th centuries, it was converted to gothic style and the west section was given two peaked tower roofs, which were removed again in the 19th century. After the Second World War, the church was rebuilt through to 1953 with a plain interior.

Contact

St. Bartholomäus  (Braunschweig Stadtmarketing GmbH)
St. Bartholomäus
Schützenstraße 5a
38100 Braunschweig