St. Petri was founded as a third parish church for the old town. The first building (end of the 12th century) fell victim to a city fire in 1256. From 1260, a new basilical building was erected, of which only the west tower still remains. At the end of the 13th century, work began to convert it into a three-aisle Gothic hall church. Around 1400, the south side of the choir was supplemented with the Anna and Livinus Chapel. The peak of the tower with the cockerel from Bodo Kampmann originates from 1971.
An der Petrikirche 9