DE

Haus zur Hanse

© Braunschweig Stadtmarketing GmbH / okerland-archivHaus zur Hanse

Butcher and councillor Cyriakus Haberland built this grand Renaissance half-timbered (“Fachwerk”) house in Güldenstraße 7 in 1567. The trusses and carvings on the upper storey originate from this time. The hatches on the roof served to access the storage attic. More carvings were added in 1869. Today the building is a hotel and restaurant.

Contact

© Braunschweig Stadtmarketing GmbH / okerland-archiv

Haus zur Hanse

Address

Güldenstraße 7
38100 Braunschweig