A piece of old Braunschweig and a place of contemplative tranquility has been preserved here. House no. 1 is an example of bourgeois construction from around 1500. It was moved from Ölschlägern 29 to this location in 1916. The second floor and the attic are from 1645. House no. 4 originates from 1514 and used to be located at Kohlmarkt 5. It has Gothic beam ends, patterned cleats and beams inscriptions.