The town hall (“Rathaus”) and the city administration are
housed in a neo-Gothic building which was built according to a design by the city building councillor of the time, Ludwig Winter, between the years of 1894 and 1900. Its tower is 61 metres high and has 161 steps to the top. From the top of the tower there is a wonderful view across the city rooftops. It takes its inspiration from the famous Belfries (city towers) in Flanders.
It is possible to go up the tower on Mondays to Fridays from 9am to 3pm (free of charge). Please ask the porter.