Braunschweig was founded approximately 1,000 years ago and roughly 850 years ago Henry the Lion expanded the city and made it his residence. Historical buildings from the Middle Ages right through to modern days bear testimony to the eventful and changing history of the city.
Access to the Burgplatz may be restricted due to other events.
This tour can also be booked for groups in the following languages: German, English, French, Spanish, Russian, Polish, Italian, Czech and Danish.
Organizer: Braunschweig Stadtmarketing GmbH
Note on the current situation:
City tours can take place again from 26 May. Bookings are possible as of now.
For contact tracing purposes, we would like to ask you to name all participating persons and associated contact details when booking.
The following conditions apply for the execution:
- Presentation of a negative test result, not older than 24 hours ( self-tests or handwritten confirmations are not sufficient) or presentation of proof of recovery or complete vaccination.
- Sufficiently large distances must be kept during the tours, and a mouth-nose covering (FFP2 or surgical mask) must be worn.
- All persons must identify themselves to the tour guide before the tour begins.
For individuals on Sundays at 11:00 a.m. (German/English within one tour. Please register in advance for English.)
Dates for groups on request.
- Meeting point
- Tourist Information, Kleine Burg 14 (see city map below)
- Length of tour
- approx. 1.5 hours
- Price single person
- 9,50 €
- Price groups
- 90 € up to 15 people in a group