The city tour does not take place at the moment.
These tour take place in a nostalgic original Büssing bus. The company Büssing was founded in Braunschweig and is known as a pioneer for bus engineering. Hence, the first public bus route in the world existed in Braunschweig.
The tour in these bus start at the picturesque and pass by the historical before heading south. The next Braunschweig gem to be seen on this route is the unique with its gardens that were landscaped in an English design. Next stop is the that lies in the middle of the nature reserve and the idyllic halftimbered village of the same name on the edge of the city. From there you head back to the city centre via the well renowned to the which is the last stop on this round trip. In Riddagshausen you have the opportunity to get out and have a look around.
historic one-and-a-half decker Büssing bus
year of construction: 1965
seats available: 44
For three years employees of the Braunschweig Verkehrs-GmbH have restored this one-and-a-half decker Büssing bus of the type Senator. Only two of these vehicles are still registered in Germany. You can enjoy a tour in this old gem on sundays.
Should the historic bus not be available, you have the option of booking the trip on a modern vehicle. You may bring your own beverages and snacks, but are asked to dispose of waste properly. Pets are not allowed.
Organizer: Braunschweiger Verkehrs-GmbH
Note on the current situation:
City tours can take place again from 26 May. Bookings are possible as of now.
For contact tracing purposes, we would like to ask you to name all participating persons and associated contact details when booking.
The following conditions apply for the execution:
- Presentation of a negative test result, not older than 24 hours ( self-tests or handwritten confirmations are not sufficient) or presentation of proof of recovery or complete vaccination.
- Sufficiently large distances must be kept during the tours, and a mouth-nose covering (FFP2 or surgical mask) must be worn.
- All persons must identify themselves to the tour guide before the tour begins.
on request, reservations are necessary!
- Meeting point
- Tourist Information, Kleine Burg 14 (see city map below)
- Length of tour
- approx. 2 hours
- Price groups
- 405 Euro without guide, 520 Euro with guide