Discover the historic sights of the Lion City without any obstacles. On a relaxing tour through the city centre, you will find out about the more than thousand years of history of the Lion City and will follow the trails of the Hanseatic merchants and the Guelphs, who characterised Braunschweig for centuries. The route leads you from the Stiftsherrenhäusern to the Kohlmarkt, onwards along Kattreppeln and Damm to the Schlossplatz. From there you continue across the Platz der Deutschen Einheit to Ruhfäutchenplatz and the Burgplatz. The tour can also be booked in a shortened version.
Organiser: Braunschweig Stadtmarketing GmbH
Note on the current situation:
City tours can take place again from 26 May. Bookings are possible as of now.
For contact tracing purposes, we would like to ask you to name all participating persons and associated contact details when booking.
The following conditions apply for the execution:
- Presentation of a negative test result, not older than 24 hours ( self-tests or handwritten confirmations are not sufficient) or presentation of proof of recovery or complete vaccination.
- Sufficiently large distances must be kept during the tours, and a mouth-nose covering (FFP2 or surgical mask) must be worn.
- All persons must identify themselves to the tour guide before the tour begins.
- on request
- Meeting point
- Tourist Information, Kleine Burg 14 (see city map below)
- Length of tour
- approx. 1,25 hours
- Price groups
- 90 € up to 15 people in a group