The city tour does not take place at the moment.
Why is the tower of the (Town Hall) not in the centre of the building? What was the builder Ludwig Winter thinking while planning the building? Learn the answers to these questions and many others about the city’s history during the climb up the tower. For a bird’s eye view of Braunschweig, you first have to survive the climb up 161 steps. A lift is not available but the spectacular view is definitely worth the hard work.
During the Braunschweig Christmas Market the sight of the around 150 lovingly decorated and festively illuminated stands around the Cathedral offers a very special experience.
Organizer: Braunschweig Stadtmarketing GmbH
Note on the current situation:
City tours can take place again from 26 May. Bookings are possible as of now.
For contact tracing purposes, we would like to ask you to name all participating persons and associated contact details when booking.
The following conditions apply for the execution:
- Presentation of a negative test result, not older than 24 hours ( self-tests or handwritten confirmations are not sufficient) or presentation of proof of recovery or complete vaccination.
- Sufficiently large distances must be kept during the tours, and a mouth-nose covering (FFP2 or surgical mask) must be worn.
- All persons must identify themselves to the tour guide before the tour begins.
- on request
- Meeting point
- Rathaus, Platz der Deutschen Einheit 1 (see city map below)
- Length of tour
- approx. 1 hour
- Price groups
- 90 € for up to 25 people in a group